(May 22nd, 2020) The iconic and legendary band The Wailers just released their new song “One World, One Prayer” today, a powerful piece focused on unity, love and inclusion beyond cultural differences. The track, which puts every music lover on the lookout, demands the union of “one world” through “a prayer” in the current global situation, in collaboration with the international titan Farruko, the Jamaican superstar Shaggy and continuing the legacy of Bob Marley alongside Cedella Marley and her son Skip Marley, who recently had chart topping hits with Katy Perry & H.E.R.
The song comes along with a colorful video that you can watch here!
Produced & Written by 19x Grammy winner Emilio Estefan and recorded at Crescent Moon Studios in Miami, FL, “One World, One Prayer” mixes Jamaican reggae with the sounds of the urban Latin genre.
“When I wrote the song about 2 years ago, I wrote it thinking about how we, as human beings, have to love each other more, be kinder to each other and to nature,” said Emilio Estefan, who also reaffirmed that we need a world with less separation of race, religion and politics.
“Who would have thought that we would be living this current situation and that the message of” One World, One Prayer “would resonate so strongly? We need to appreciate the simple things in life and especially the love that begins with our families and extends to our community and beyond … because in the end we are all One World, One Heart!” added Estefan.
Bob Marley and the Wailers made history together between 1972 and 1981. It was Bob Marley himself who asked the Wailers to stay together. Aston Barrett Jr, son of Aston “Familyman” Barrett (bassist for Bob Marley & The Wailers), is the one in charge of keeping the flame of the band alive. And so he has! The Wailers have been touring the world far and wide, keeping an impressive agenda of over 150 shows a year.
“The music of the Wailers represents peace, love and unity. That is what I want to keep alive,” said Barret, and that is precisely the powerful message that starting today, can be heard on all digital platforms through “One World, One Prayer”, the exciting new single from the forthcoming album releasing august 2020, produced entirely by Emilio Estefan.
Bob Marley and the Wailers recorded, toured and made history together between 1972 and 1981. It was Bob Marley himself that requested the Wailers stayed together. Today, carrying on the mission are legitimate members, children-of-legends and a host of immensely talented musicians. The afore mentioned Aston Barrett Jr delivers startling echoes of his uncle’s (Carlton ‘Carly’ Barrett) one drop drumming sound. Guitarist Donald Kinsey is joined by Wendel ‘Junior Jazz’ Ferraro, shaping that classic sonic identity. Josh David Barrett achieves the seemingly impossible by confidently stepping into Bob Marley’s shoes to provide truly excellent lead vocals. Owen ‘Dreadie’ Reid (Julian Marley’s Uprising Band and a former student of ‘Familyman’) and Andres Lopez (Albrosie, Lutan Fyah) add yet more quality to an incredible line up that also includes the youngest of the earliest formation of the Wailers, Tyrone Downie, saxophone player Glen Dacosta and Dennis Thompson, the engineer who was there from the very beginnings of the band. Shema McGregor, daughter of I Three singer Judy Mowatt and Reggae pioneer Freddie McGregor, are joined by Anne-Marie Thompson (a gospel singer of stunning ability) and Tamara Barnes who has been in the music industry for over 20 years, providing backing vocals in studio and on stage for I-Threes, Jimmy Cliff, Ky-Mani Marley, Beres Hammond and Freddie McGregor among many others. Together they bring the smoothest backing vocals, contributing to this unique melting pot, both classic and excitingly fresh at the same time
In 2017, Aston Barrett Jr. received a Grammy certificate as co-producer with Damian Marley for the track The Struggle Discontinues, featured in the Album “Stony Hill” which won the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album.
Aston Barrett Jr. is a co-owner of BAD Lions Productions, LLC. who operates a studio in Pompano Beach, Florida. He can be heard playing guitar, drums, bass, and organ for Stephen Marley, Junior Reed, Julian Marley, Kwame Bediaco, Aka Beka, Jessee Royale, Reggae Force, and many more. His sponsors include Rupert Neve (whose pro audio gear is heard on every album he has played on and every live Wailers show), as well as Fender, Mannabasso, Black Lion Audio, and Pigtronics.
A multiple Grammy Award winner, Emilio Estefan is a musician, songwriter, record and television producer, best-selling author, filmmaker, and cultural ambassador. He has shaped and directed the careers of many musical talents, including Shakira, Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, Jon Secada, Jennifer López, and many others. He is one of the founding leaders of the Latin Grammy Awards. Estefan was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame presented him with a lifetime achievement award. He was selected as the second vice chair to the Commission for the National Museum of the American Latino by President Barack Obama, and President George W. Bush appointed him as a member of the President’s Committee of the Arts and Humanities. He is an entrepreneur owning and operating seven (7) restaurants, two (2) hotels, and an internationally recognized publishing company. In 2019, along with his wife Gloria, received the coveted Gershwin Prize by the Library of Congress for excellence in songwriting.
CD / DIGITAL RELEASE / VINYL [Greensleeves]
Release date: 06/29/2018
Track 01 : The Unforgiven: Drums Track 02 : Mystical Reggae: Bass, Guitar, Drums Track 03 : Lie: Drums Track 04 : Live conscious: Drums and Familyman Bass Track 05 : Contradictions: Drums Track 06 : Mission: Drums Track 07 : To Rock: Drums and Bass Guitar Track 08 : Table has Turned: Drums and Bass Guitar Track 09 : Youth like Me: Drums Track 10 : Unbreakable: Drums, Bass Track 11 : One Chord: Produced, Drums and Bass and Keyboard Track 12 : Under Control: Drums, Bass Track 13 : Fams Dub: Drums and Fams bass
01. Wailing Dub 02. Mystical Reggae feat. Jah Cure 03. Lie 04. Live Conscious 05. Contradiction feat. Chronixx 06. Mission 07. Too Rock feat. Beres Hammond 08. Table Has Turned 09. Youth Like Me 10. Unbreakable feat. J Boog 11. One Chord 12. Under Control 13. Fams Dub (Outro)
Chronixx / Jah Cure / Beres Hammond / J Boog
DIGITAL RELEASE [Ghetto Youths International]
Release date: 12/22/2012
Track 10 : Never Too Wrong – Julian Marley Feat. Junior Reid Bass and Drums
Track 01 : Set Up Shop Track 02 : End Of Time Track 03 : Samson Strength Track 04 : Move Dem Track 05 : Don’t Change Number Track 06 : Affairs Of The Heart Track 07 : Bad So Track 08 : Go Hard Track 09 : My Conclusion Track 10 : Comfortable
Release date: 12/23/2014
Track 03 : On The Corner – Wayne Marshall –Bass and Rhythm Guitar Track 10 : Never Too Wrong – Julian Marley Feat. Junior Reid – Bass and Drums
01. Hard Work – Damian Marley 02. The Living Breed – Damian Marley, Black-Am-I, Biggz General, Jo Mersa & Illestr8 03. On The Corner – Wayne Marshall 04. Roller Coaster – Christopher Ellis 05. Bongo Nyah – Stephen Marley feat. Spragga Benz & Damian Marley 06. Is It Worth It? (Gunman World) – Damian Marley 07. In The Ghetto – Black-Am-I 08. Sunshine – Jo Mersa 09. Better Than Love Remix – Christopher Ellis feat. Irie Love 10. Never Too Ruff – Julian Marley & Junior Reid 11. Rock and Swing – Jo Mersa 12. Sh@t – Cham 13. Strike Hard – Stephen Marley & Damian Marley 14. Nah Give Up – Wayne Marshall feat. Tarrus Riley 15. Dwelling – Black-Am-I
Damian Marley / Black-Am-I / Wayne Marshall / Christopher Ellis / Jo Mersa Marley / Spragga Benz / Julian Marley / Junior Reid / Tarrus Riley
Release date: 12/22/2015
Track 10: Let me go – Julian Marley – Bass and Rhythm Guitar Track 05: Well Done – Kabaka Pyramid – Bass and Rhythm Guitar
01. The Message – Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley 02. Hey Baby [One Drop Remix] – Stephen Marley feat. Mos Def 03. Light It Up – Morgan Heritage feat. Jo Mersa Marley 04. Vessel – Black-Am-I 05. Well Done – Kabaka Pyramid 06. Dem Gone Too Far – Tarrus Riley 07. Ghetto Boy – Stephen Marley feat. Bounty Killer & Cobra 08. Living Dread – Black-Am-I 09. Glory – Christopher Ellis 10. Lemme Go – Julian Marley 11. Good Good Feeling – J Boog feat. Stephen Marley 12. Rude Bwoy – Stephen Marley, Jo Mersa, Julian Marley, Damian Marley, Black-Am-I, Wayne Marshall & Determine 13. Cry To Me – Skip Marley 14. YinMasGan – Third World 15. Ghetto Boy [Remix] – Stephen Marley feat. Bounty Killer & Mad Cobra* 16. YinMasGan (Instrumental) – Third World*
Damian Marley / Third World / Spragga Benz / Bounty Killer / Mad Cobra / Morgan Heritage / Kabaka Pyramid / Wayne Marshall / Christopher Ellis / Black-Am-I / Tarrus Riley / Julian Marley / Stephen Marley / Determine / Skip Marley / Jo Mersa Marley / J Boog
Track 03 : Trouble makers – Drums Track 05 : Fight the good Fight – Drums and Bass Track 06 : Inna roots – Drums and Bass Track 09 : Gentle Slavery – Drums and Bass Track 10 : Desire – Drums
CD / DIGITAL RELEASE / VINYL / DELUXE BOX [Republic Records]
Release date: 07/21/2017
Track 09 : The struggle Discontinues – Produced, Bass, Drums, Guitar, Rhythm, B3 Hammond, Grand Piano, Clavinet D6 with Neutron
01. Intro (spoken by Big Youth) 02. Here We Go 03. Nail Pon Cross 04. R.O.A.R. 05. Medication feat. Stephen Marley 06. Time Travel 07. Living It Up 08. Looks Are Deceiving 09. The Struggle Discontinues 10. Autumn Leaves 11. Everybody Wants To Be Somebody 12. Upholstery feat. Major Myjah 13. Grown & Sexy feat. Stephen Marley 14. Perfect Picture feat. Stephen Marley 15. So a Child May Follow 16. Slave Mill 17. Caution 18. Speak Life
STONY HILL VINYL & BOXSET OUT August 28th 2017 Available @ REPUBLICRECORDS.com
Stephen Marley / Big Youth
DIGITAL RELEASE / CD [Ghetto Youths International]
Release date: 01/25/2019
Track 02 : Hey Jack – Bass Track 06 : Baby Lotion – Bass Track 07 : Too hot to dance – Bass
01. You Are The One 02. Hey Jack 03. Broken Sail 04. Chalice Load 05. Cooling In Jamaica 06. Baby Lotion 07. Too Hot To Dance feat. Shaggy 08. Magic Of Love (Compassion) 09. Straighter Roads 10. Papa 11. Biology 12. What’s New Pussycat feat. Beenie Man 13. Family & Friends 14. Panic Mind State feat. Spragga Benz 15. Can’t Cool The Fire 16. War Zone 17. I Am The Sound (Addis Pablo Version)
Shaggy / Beenie Man / Spragga Benz / Addis Pablo
DIGITAL RELEASE / CD [Tuff Gong]
Release date: 04/30/2009
Track 03 : On the floor – Guitar Track 04: Rose Hall – Produced and Bass Track 05 : A little too late – Bass Track 06 : Just in Time – Bass Track 07 : Jah Works – Percussions Track 08 : Oh Girl – Phase Piano Track 09 : Violence in the streets – Bass
01. Awake 02. Boom Draw 03. On The Floor 04. Rose Hall 05. A Little Too Late 06. Just In Time 07. Jah Works 08. Oh Girl 09. Violence In The Streets 10. All I Know 11. Stay With Me 12. Sharp As A Razor 13. Things Ain’t Cool 14. Trying
Release date: 05/24/2011
Track 02 : False Friends – Drums Track 11 : The Chapel – Drums
01. Made In Africa feat. Wale, The Cast Of Fela 02. False Friends 03. Break Us Apart feat. Capleton 04. Can’t Keep I Down 05. No Cigarette Smoking (In My Room) feat. Melanie Fiona 06. Freedom Time 07. Jah Army feat. Buju Banton & Damian Marley 08. Old Slaves 09. Pale Moonlight (How Many Times 10. She Knows Now 11. The Chapel feat. Ziggy Marley 12. Tight Ship feat. Damian Marley 13. Working Ways feat. Spragga Benz 14. Now I Know
Spragga Benz / Damian Marley / Ziggy Marley / Capleton
DIGITAL RELEASE / CD [Zion High Productions]
Release date: 07/26/2019
Track 02 : By Day – Drums Track 05 : Reason – Drums Track 12 : Only Now – Drums
01. Under The Sun 02. By Day 03. Chemistry (Kagm Mystory) 04. Mek A Meshun feat. Protoje 05. Reason 06. The Mighty 07. Nah Talk 08. Into Law 09. Worth It 10. Our Ways 11. Veterans Of Narrative 12. Only Now
DIGITAL RELEASE [Zion High Productions]
Release date: 10/21/2016
Track 04 : Livicated – Drums Track 10 : Handle sumptin – Drums
01. Firmness 02. Usward 03. Discreet 04. Livicated 05. Daughtaz And Sunz 06. Loose The Gates 07. Lifetime 08. Have Herd 09. Faith 10. Handle Sumptin 11. Eyelidz 12. Over Antichrist
DIGITAL RELEASE / VINYL / CD [Easy Star Records]
Release date: 10/06/2017
01. 400 Years 02. Generation feat. Jo Mersa Marley 03. Modern Day Judas 04. Life’s Sweet 05. Real Love 06. Always Be Around 07. Stand Firm 08. Roll Me Something 09. Full Moon feat. Natty Rico 10. Rock It Tonight 11. Finally 12. Justice 13. Waan Go Home feat. Patrice 14. Jah Will See Us Through
Jo Mersa Marley / Patrice
Track 05: Well Done – Bass
Debut album for reggae artist “Kabaka Pyramid”
Released June 25, 2018
Primary Artist Keron “Kabaka Pyramid” Salmon for Bebble Rock Music
Executive Producers Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley and Stephen “Ragga” Marley
Management Abishai Hoilett and Duane McDonald for Bebble Rock Music
A&R Coordination and Operations for Ghetto Youths International: Jason Chantrelle for Chantrelle Entertainment Management Services
Legal Peter Paterno of King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano, LLP
Art Direction & Photography Album cover, Booklet, CD design – Qahdir Maharaj @qlion Can’t Breathe single – Matthew McCarthy – @eyedealist Borders single – Matthew McCarthy – @eyedealist Kaught Up single – Roshane Taylor – @paigezombie Additional visual input – Dezignr Studios – @dezignrstudios
Photography: Fernando F. Hevia @fernandofhevia
Additional Photography: The Radiant Sun @radiantsun9
Mastered by: Christopher Athens
DIGITAL RELEASE / CD
Release date: 2019
Produced and Mixed all of the album
Track 01 : No place – Bass and Drums Track 02 : Yes we go – Drums Track 04 : Message of Peace – Bass, Drums and Organ Track 06 : Future of children – Intro Piano Line Track 07 : Crazy: Bass, Drums, Organ and Clavinet
© 2020 Aston Barrett Jr..